Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Henderson Health Care. Your generous donation of time and talent are vital to helping our health care team inspire each other to give our patients and their families compassionate, remarkable care.
Volunteers have been the backbone of Henderson Health Care since the day we opened our doors. We value every minute of your time.
As a volunteer, you will meet new people, acquire new skills, and experience many important benefits like:
- Making a difference in the lives of patients and families
- Being a part of the HHC team
- Receiving recognition through events, awards, and more
- Opportunities to attend workshops and trainings
- For junior volunteers, earning special consideration for our scholarship
- Socializing and networking
Volunteering is a great way to help prepare for, and learn about, a career in healthcare.
Here are the volunteer opportunities at this time:
- Play bingo with residents of Legacy Square. (Help residents with their bingo cards). Contact Cortney at (402) 723-5301 ext. 4039 for details.
- Help Legacy Square residents with crafts. The schedule changes often. Contact Cortney at (402) 723-5301 ext. 4039 for details.
- Spend one-on-one time with residents of Legacy Square; flexible schedule. Contact Cortney to schedule. (402) 723-5301 ext. 4039.
- Do you have a musical talent? Come share that talent with the residents of Legacy Square. Contact Cortney to schedule. (402) 723-5301 ext. 4039.
- Deliver meals to homebound area residents for the Meals on Wheels program. Contact Kyle at (402) 723-4512 ext. 4029.
Do you play an instrument or sing, or do any sort of entertainment? Legacy Square and Rosewood Court would be so pleased to have you share your gift with them. Contact Cortney to schedule. (402) 723-5301 ext. 4039.
“My husband and I were passing though on our way east to see family when my appendix ruptured. Luckily the hospital was a few miles away from our campground. The staff was very caring and attentive. I feel very fortunate that we were so close to this small, but wonderful hospital.”